Judo NSW 2017 Club of the Year!!
- 27 Budokanis attended the prestigious Judo NSW Annual Awards Night and dinner last weekend. Budokan had 31 of 109 nominated positions in the ten “Age” and two “Kyu Grades” categories, as well as 9 of 30 coach nominated awards. We had nominations in both Junior and Senior Kata, Volunteer of the Year as well as Club of the Year and Junior Development Club of the Year. We are very proud of Budokan Judo Club for becoming the Judo NSW 2017 Club of the Year for the fourth year in a row, overall the fifth time we have won this award. The club has also won Junior Development Club of the Year twice.
Congratulations to all Budokan athletes who made the final list for age category awards, to those who were finalists in the 30 nominated coaches awards, as well as finalists in other awards contested. Budokan athletes won 5 of the 10 available Age Category awards which is amazing. Our Age Category Winners are:
- Bianca Tandean - Junior Girls
- Sam Lobsey - Senior Boys
- Beth Wade and Mina Woo - Senior Girls
- Kyle McIndoe - Junior Men
- Josh Katz - Senior Men
- The overall Age Category winner of the Sue Williams Awards was Josh Katz
- Our athletes who won Coaches Awards were:
- Zach Colman - Cadet Men
- Nathan Katz - Senior Men
Finally, Bernhard and Bianca Tandean won the Junior Kata Award. Congratulations again to all the finalists and the award winners, and to all the club's athletes who put in such a big effort this year. What an amazing result.